Please note this revision is effective as of August 15, 2016
The Los Angeles County Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk has once again revised the procedure for submitting documents to be recorded. Please note:
- In all Document Recording Offices (Norwalk, Lancaster, LAX and Van Nuys), packages containing up to 3 documents will be handled over the counter. This is down from 10 documents.
- In Norwalk ONLY, packages containing 4-10 documents will be processed at “Bulk Documents,” window #12. Please take packages to be processed the same day to window #13.
- In Norwalk, packages containing 11 or more documents will utilize the County Registrar-Recorder’s drop off method and be processed within 3 business days.
- In Lancaster, LAX and Van Nuys, packages containing more than 3 documents will utilize the County Registrar-Recorder’s drop off method and be processed within 3 business days.
- The exception to the 3 day processing mentioned in 3. and 4. is documents legally mandated to be processed within 2 days.