BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
LBLPA offers the following benefits and programs, in addition to many others:
- Subscription to The Legal Secretary, a quarterly magazine published by LSI – Educating California’s Legal Professionals;
- Subscription to The Driftwood, a monthly bulletin published by LBLPA;
- Monthly membership meetings with featured guest speakers offering MCLE and CCLS continuing education credits;
- Legal education classes, both beginning and advanced, on legal procedures;
- Credit union membership, insurance plans (dental and medical), as well as Hertz membership benefits;
- California Certified Legal Secretary program (CCLS) – Exclusive to LSI – Educating California’s Legal Professionals.
TYPES OF MEMBERSHIPS
Applicants must have been continuously employed in the legal field for a period of at least six months or elsewhere for a continuous period of at least 12 months. Student membership is available for a reduced cost with all the benefits of full active membership.
Required Annual Dues by May 1. Dues postmarked after May 31, are subject to a $5 penalty.
- Active Membership:
New Member $50
- Student Membership: $20
- Life/Honorary Member: $0
- LSI Life Member: $25
After November 1, active memberships are $35 until May 1
APPLY FOR MEMBERSHIP
You can apply for membership by completing our Membership Application and mailing the completed form and payment to:
Alice M. Widmark, CCLS
LBLPA – Membership Chair
1016 W. Santa Cruz, San Pedro, CA 90731
RENEW YOUR MEMBERSHIP
Fill out the Renewal form and send as indicated above.