Administrative Order No, 16/07
DELEGATION OF DUTIES UNDER GOVERNMENT CODE SECTION 68560 et seq.
CALIFORNIA RULES OF COURT, RULE 2.893
The court is required to appoint a certified interpreter to interpret for a language designated as a certifiable language by the Judicial Council (GovernMent Code section 65860 et seq.) or a registered interpreter to interpret in a language not designated for certification by the Judicial Council in all criminal and juvenile delinquency proceedings,
(1) Under California Rules of Court, rule 2,893 (b)(1 )(A), the presiding judge or other judicial officer designated by the presiding judge may appoint a noncertified or nonregistered interpreter under Government Code section 68561 (c) in a proceeding if they find the noncertified or nonregistered interpreter to be provisionally qualified.
In accordance with California Rules of Court, rule 2.893 (b)(1 )(A), the following judicial officer(s) are hereby designated to review the Qualifications of a Noncertified or Nonregistered Interpreter (INT-110) and make provisional qualification findings and orders pursuant to the procedures and guidelines adopted by the Judicial Council (INT-100-INFO):
• The Central Panel Supervising Judge (primary designee)
• The Central Felony Panel Supervising Judge
• The Harbor Panel Supervising Judge
• The North Panel Supervising Judge
• The West Panel Supervising Judge
• The Juvenile Panel Presiding Judge
IT IS SO ORDERED
Dated this 9th day of September, 2016.
CHARLES MARGINES L..J